GCC BATAVIA CAMPUS CLOSURE NOTICE for SATURDAY, August 27, 2016 at 1 pm.
To the Campus Community:
Our electric supplier, National Grid, has informed the College that an urgent repair must take place to a nearby power source. This will require shutting down all electrical service to the College on Saturday, August 27, 2016. In the interest of everyone’s safety, the College will close at 1 pm and will remain closed for the remainder of the day.
- food service will not be open at all
- the Student Union will be closed for the day
- the Testing Center will be closed for the day
- the Bookstore will close at noon
- the Library will be closed for the day
- all computer systems — including Genesis/Blackboard — will be offline during the power outage (1 pm to 8 pm)
The building will reopen Sunday morning at 10 am as scheduled.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience that this may cause.
For your reference the normal hours of operation, during the academic semester, at GCC hours is as follows:
- Monday thru Friday from 6 am to 10 pm
- Saturday from 6 am – 6 pm
- Sunday from 10 am – 6 pm
Director of Campus Safety
SUNY Genesee Community College
1 College Road
Batavia, NY, 14020
585- 343-0055 ext 6847
Genesee Community College’s 2015 Annual Security & Fire Safety reports are now available. This report is required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and contains Clery Act reportable statistics for the calendar years 2012, 2013, and 2014 concerning reported crimes that occurred on all Genesee Community College campuses, College Village, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from all GCC campuses. This report also contains institutional policies and procedures concerning campus security and safety, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, fire safety, emergency response, and several other safety and security related matters.
A copy of this report can be obtained:
• Electronically by accessing the following web link (on the Campus Safety homepage) http://www.genesee.edu/clery
• By contacting Campus Safety (ext. 6500)
• At the Campus Safety Office (located at the Batavia campus, on the first floor, off of the forum)
• At the Human Resources Office (located on the first floor, off of the forum, Room C108)
• At the Admissions Office (located on the second floor, Room C200)
Please contact me with any comments or questions.
Director of Campus Safety
Genesee Community College
One College Road
Batavia, New York, 14020
Phone (585) 343-0055 ext 6847