Career Services Presents…
585-345-6888 ⦁ G115 ⦁ firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Spring Job Fair
Thursday, April 5th
FORUM, Batavia Campus
Looking for a job or internship? All majors, students, alumni, and community members are invited to join us for this FREE event! Explore the opportunities with local and regional employers.
Supported by: Phi Theta Kappa
Register through: Purple Briefcase
Job Search Workshop
Tuesday, March 6th
G200, Student Success Center, Batavia Campus
Not all available job openings are easy to find; therefore, you need to know how to take advantage of all available resources. In this workshop, you will learn strategies regarding navigating the web, networking, utilizing social media, reading newspapers, accessing government agencies and more!
ATTEND VIRTUALLY: Use Blackboard Collaborate!
Use the following link to join our session from your mobile phone or computer: https://us.bbcollab.com/guest/e8b97729429c4a96bce305f767477d10
Supported by: Phi Theta Kappa
Register through: Purple Briefcase
This workshop will show you how to use our exciting new job/internship search tool!
Learn the ins and outs of the new Career Services application, including the job bulletin, resume and cover letter advice, virtual mock interviews, an event calendar, and more!
Tuesday, September 15th, 2015 @ 12:30 pm
T206, Batavia Campus
Jamie Edwards, Career Services Specialist
Enter to win a $25 SUBWAY gift card!
Check out http://www.genesee.edu/career to learn more!
Job Category: OTHER JOBS
Pay Rate: Unpaid internship
Job Title: Marketing/Public Relations Intern
Work Hours: Flexible; Commitment of 5-15 hours per week during one or two semesters of the school year. Short term projects may also be available.
Full Time/Part Time:
Part Time Coop/Internship
Job Description: Intern Duties may include…
• assisting in writing descriptions and taking photos of classroom or school activities for print, website, and/or media
• assisting in editing submissions for posting/publishing
• assisting in posting announcements and articles on our website, Facebook, and/or other social media
• assisting in tracking and compiling file of articles and postings about our District by other sources
• participating in meetings with PR staff/interns
• fulfilling other duties as arise and are assigned
Training and directions specific to assigned tasks will be provided, however, applicants should possess…
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to present and conduct oneself in a casual professional manner
• Ability to follow directives then work independently and complete assignments on schedule
• Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish common goals
• Proficiency using email, internet, and Microsoft applications
• Excellent organizational skills
• Enthusiasm for the mission and vision of BCSD
• Photography skills with digital camera (and familiarity with Photoshop is helpful)
Job Skills/Qualifications: Able to work independently,Computer skills,Customer service skills,Detail oriented,Excellent communication skills,Excellent people skills,PC experience,Strong organizational skills
How To Apply for Position:
Email Resume and Cover Letter.
Employer: Salvation Army
Address: 529 East Main Street, Batavia, NY 14020
Title: Clerical Assistant
- The Salvation Army office in Batavia is a small office in need of additional clerical assistance.
- This is a wonderful opportunity not only for students in the Administrative Assistant degree program but for any student in the human services field as well.
- Gain an insight of how one of our critical, local agencies function.
- Assistant would help with incoming phone calls, connecting those calls with key staff, “manning” the front office for incoming community members, etc.
Apply: If you think you would like to volunteer or get co-op/internship credit at the Salvation Army, please send an email to Major Robert Kurtz at the Salvation Army: email@example.com, or contact Kim Corcoran, Salvation Amry Board member, at firstname.lastname@example.org (phone: 585-815-1801).
Employer:Brown’s Berry Patch
Address:14624 Roosevelt Highway, Waterport, NY 14571
Title: General Sales
Job Description: Employees at Brown’s Berry Patch are responsible for various duties including:
- running registers
- taking orders
- preparing food in the deli and ice cream departments
- maintaining the appearance of the market
- working fall festival activities
We train our employees in all areas so they are able to work in any position if needed
- some customer service experience preferred
- able to work both independently and as a team
- time management
- flexibility and multitasking
Apply: To apply, download our application at our website: www.brownsberrypatch.com/employment.html, and submit to email@example.com or turn in to any employee at the store .
Employer: Genesee Council on Alcoholism and Substance Abuse, Inc.
Address: 430 East Main Street, Batavia, NY 14020
Description: Genesee Council on Alcoholism and Substance Abuse, Inc. has internship opportunities throughout the year in the following fields:
Human Services / Counseling
How to apply: If you are looking for an internship in any of these fields, please contact Kim Corcoran, GCASA HR/Executive Secretary, at (585) 815-1801, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer: Genesee Valley Physical Therapy
401 Penbrooke Dr – 2A, Penfield, NY 14526
Qualifications: Experience with Aqua PT is a plus but not necessary
Description: Growing local PT Clinic looking to hire full/part-time PT assistant
How to apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please do not contact office with questions. Please email if you have further questions.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Local college student preferred
- Batavia area
Send outline of work experience to:
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 806
Batavia, NY 14020
Employer: New York Life Insurance Company
Address: 375 Woodcliff Drive, Fairport, NY 14450
Phone: (212) 576-5714
Contact: Nancy Maksomski
Job Category: Business Careers
Job Title: Case Analyst
Work Hours: 37.5
Job Description: In this position, you will play a key role by supporting management in handling all new business sales processing functions in the field office. This includes seeing application processing through to completion. In addition, you will provide exceptional customer service to all internal staff and external customers.
- Input routine and complex applications and process changes to current policies
- Assemble policies and determine delivery requirements for agents
- Perform accounting tasks
- Review and recommend modifications to procedures and workflow as necessary to ensure efficient and effective processing of transactions
- Train staff members and new hires
- Order supplies for the office
- High school diploma
- Two years of customer service and/or administrative experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as excel independently
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ability to handle confidential material
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently
- Computer skills
- Customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Strong organizational skills
How to apply for position:
- Send resume and cover letter
- Click on experienced hires.
- Click search all jobs.
- Click search and view the search results.
- Click the title hyperlink to view.
- Click on the Submit Now to create your personal profile.
- Follow the steps to Create A New Profile or to Update Your Profile, enter your email address and password. You will now have the opportunity to type or paste a resume/CV and edit or type an optional cover letter. You can update your profile at any time.
- Complete your contact information and answer a few questions about yourself.
- Click submit.
Company URL: http://www.newyorklife.com/corporatecareers
New York Life is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workforce, M/F/D/V