The Alfred C. O’Connell Library is pleased to announce that we’ve negotiated access to both the New York Times online and the New York Times in Education web site for anyone with a GCC email address, including faculty, staff, and students.
New York Times online access includes:
- Daily New York Times content (e.g. magazine, book review, science, art, opinion, real estate, sports, etc…)
- Online archive (dating back to 1851)
- Video library (spanning all sections)
- NYT app for mobile devices
- NYT Cooking app (with over 17k recipes you may save and access across platforms)
- NYT Virtual Reality app – which allows you (with a VR viewer) to experience some NYT content in 3D
- Daily 360 content – two dimensional videos that provide 360° views (with mobile device or mouse)
- Podcasts (including our popular “Daily” podcast, “Caliphate,” and “Dear Sugars,” among others)
- Newsletters (there are a variety of topics that you may subscribe to)
- Article history and Save options (across platforms)
- Article comment permissions
The New York Times in Education includes:
- 16 Discipline-specific areas of study
- Classroom discussion prompts
- Suggested learning outcomes
- General Instructional Strategies to promote student achievement
- Co-Curricular Activities, including events, discussions, and contests
- You’ll need to register separately for each of these platforms (see links above).
- When registering, search for and select SUNY Genesee Community College as your affiliated campus.
- If you have previously registered your @edu email address on The New York Times site, you will click the “Already have an account? Log in here” link for Step 3.
- If not, click “create account” and complete the fields. Use your GCC email to subscribe and make sure to verify your account via the NYT confirmation email (make sure to check your Junk E-mail if you don’t see it after registering).
Questions can be directed to the Library Staff