For you convenience, Campus Safety offers the following services:
• Escort Services to and from classes, to the parking lots, or to College Village
• Vehicle Assistance with jump starts and lockouts
• Room Access
• Emergency notifications
• Lost and found property
Services are available 24/7. If you need to contact Campus Safety, please dial ext. 6240 for routine requests and questions.
In the event of an emergency, please dial ext. 6500 or 911.
Other important news…
EMERGENCY EVACUATION PROCEDURE – BATAVIA CAMPUS
For the safety of the college community, the college has established an emergency evacuation procedure. Throughout the year, unannounced drills are conducted to familiarize students, faculty, staff and visitors with this procedure.
1. All general building evacuations will occur when an audible alarm sounds and visible alarm strobe lights flash and/or upon notification by Public Safety.
2. When the alarm sounds or upon notification, leave by the nearest uncompromised exit of the building. Those requiring additional assistance should assemble at the designated areas on the second and third floor elevator bay bridges.
3. Do NOT use elevators.
4. Once outside, move clear of the building allowing others to exit. Available CAST members (see below for additional information) will be at these locations. You can identify these individuals by their fluorescent vests.
5. Keep driveways and walkways clear for emergency personnel.
6. Listen for additional instructions – you will be told via the public address system when it is safe to re-enter the building or portions of the building.
What is the College Administrative Support Team (CAST)?
The Batavia Campus CAST is authorized to provide assistance as requested during real or perceived emergency events and non-emergency incidents. Members are specifically trained to assist with building evacuations. Please be responsive to requests for information and directives given by CAST team members.
If you would like to become a member of the CAST, please contact Public Safety (ext. 6240) or Valerie Hale in Planning & Institutional Effectiveness (ext. 6200).
In the event of an emergency, the college may issue an alert to all subscribers of the NY ALERT emergency notification system. You can receive these messages by telephone (voice and/or text message), e-mail or fax. If you are already signed-up, please review your information for accuracy.
To register for NY ALERT or review current information:
• Visit the College Web site (www.genesee.edu)
• Click “Login to Genesis” and enter your user name and password
• Click the “My Genesee” tab
• Click “Banner Self-Service” in the left column
• Click the “Personal Information” tab
• Click “Personal Information”
• Click “Emergency Alert Contact Information (NY-Alert)”
• Complete the NY-Alert form
Genesee Community College
(585) 343-0055 ext. 6240
For emergencies dial ext. 6500 or 9-1-1 from any campus phone
Tips on any campus crime can be reported at 585-343-0055 ext. 6500
or anonymously at:
This has been brought to you by:
Director of Campus Safety
Genesee Community College
One College Road
Batavia, New York, 14020
Phone (585) 343-0055 ext. 6847