From GCC Public Safety
Public Safety received a report of theft from an unlocked vehicle in the parking lot of the Albion Campus Center on the evening of April 17, 2013. While theft from vehicles are relatively rare on Genesee Community College campuses, crimes of opportunity can take place anywhere and at any hour. In the interest of campus safety, Public Safety would like to provide everyone with tips to protect you and your property:
· Don’t leave valuables in your vehicle even for a short time;
· Always lock the doors of your vehicle;
· Walk to your vehicle in pairs or in a group;
· Park in well-lit areas when possible;
· Don’t leave electronic devices or device holders (e.g., GPS cords and phone chargers) visible in your vehicle; and
· Keep in mind – weapons are not permitted on college property and cannot be stored in your vehicle for any reason.
Timely Warnings are intended to make the campus community aware of a specific incident or to provide information that will aid in the prevention of similar crimes. Timely warnings may be sent by various methods, including email and web postings, when an incident does not constitute use of the NY-ALERT system. In the event of an emergency, the college may issue an alert to all subscribers of the NY-Alert system. To register for NY-Alert: Visit http://www.genesee.edu; log-in to Genesis; click “SUNY-NY Alert” in the left column and complete the NY-ALERT form.
This has been brought to your attention by:
Genesee Community College
| (585) 343-0055 ext. 6240 |
email@example.com | http://www.genesee.edu
For emergencies dial ext. 6500 or 9-1-1 from any campus phone
Tips on any campus crime can be reported at 585-343-0055 ext. 6500
or anonymously at http://www.genesee.edu/silentwitness