Hello To All,
Announcing the 2013 New York State Transfer Association Scholarship! The following is information about applying, etc.
If you need further information, please contact:
Patrick G. Walter
Genesee Community College
One College Road
Batavia, NY 14020-9704
585-343-0055 Ext. 6430
The 2013 NYSTAA Scholarship is now available on the NYSTAA website at http://www.nystaa.org/index.php?page=transfer-scholarship
Applications can be downloaded from the website. Instructions for submitting the application and supporting documents are on the following page, under Application Guidelines. NYSTAA is going “Green” and will not be mailing paper copies of the Scholarship Application as we have in past years.
Please encourage your students to apply to the annual scholarship program. This year, the scholarship committee will be awarding four scholarships valued at $2, 000 each. Students who are graduating from a New York State two-year member college and transferring to a New York State four-year member institution may participate. Additional criteria for applying can be found in the application guidelines.
Please feel free to make copies of the scholarship application, passing it along to students who meet the stated criteria. Students may also access this application via the NYSTAA website http://www.nystaa.org/index.php?page=transfer-scholarship. As you work with students who are applying for the scholarship, we ask that you emphasize the importance of a well written essay and meeting stated deadlines.
Questions can be directed to any of the scholarship committee members listed below. Again, we appreciate your assistance in getting this important information out to students. Thank you for your continued support of the NYSTAA Scholarship program.
Deadline for applications: March 1, 2013
NYSTAA annually awards four (4) scholarships for transfer students valued at $2,000 each.
Guidelines for applying:
– Have completed an Associate in Arts, Associate in Science or Associate in Applied Science by August 2013 from an active NYSTAA two-year member college
– Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5
– Apply and plan on attending a current four-year NYSTAA member institution
– Complete the attached application and present all required criteria
Please provide the following:
– Completed scholarship application
– Official transcripts from all colleges attended and courses in progress (if applicable)
– One letter of recommendation from a college administrator or faculty member